Saturday 22 October 2016

Visitors

I'm really excited to have my Mom and step-Dad visiting this weekend! Its interesting how you start to think of a place differently when you're in charge of showing someone around. Seeing Okinawa a bit through their eyes has reminded me of some of the things I was surprised by when I first arrived but have since gotten used to. For example, the village announcements. The town of Onna  plays music and announcements( atleast I think they're announcements, but they're in Japanese so I'm not 100% sure on that) every morning and evening. I forgot how startled I was by this at first. You'll be talking to someone outside and suddenly music will come blasting from the nearest telephone pole...

But otherwise, its been really awesome to explore with them and to see some of the sites I have not made it to yet myself. (Tomorrow's Itinerary = castle exploration)

We also went out to breakfast this morning at a hawiian pancake house. So good. I am mostly putting this in for any future OISTers out there, you have to go. Especially when your kindof craving some, lets say non-japanese, and not dry cereal bfast. Paanilani pancakes is the place to be.

I will leave you with this pancake picture.

Enjoy





No comments:

Post a Comment